- Sachidevi (15thcentury AD) was the mother of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Sachidevi was born in a pious Bengali family and at her teenage she got married with a great scholar and a great Krishna devotee Sri Jegannath.She dutifully served her husband and looked after him properly. She lived a holy life, and acts as an example for others. After some years, she gave birth to Sri Chaitanya. Sri Chaitanya was a well-known devotee of Lord Krishna and considered as an incarnation of Krishna.After the death of her husband, she didn’t lose hope and raised her son Sri Chaintaya in a proper manner. Chaintanya was well educated in Hindu Scriptures and contains great divine knowledge.
- Vishnupriya was the pious wife of Sri Chaintanya, and lived a noble life. After Sri Chaitanya became a saint, Vishnupriya sacrificed her life and properly took care of her mother-in-law Sachi Devi.She was a sincere devotee of Lord Krishna and chanted the names of Lord Krishna for several lakhs of times during her life time. Due to her purity, she was praised by the Vaishnava community and considered by them as a divine woman.
- Sri Jahnavadevi was the wife of Nityananda Prabhu, who was an associate of Sri Chaitanya. Jahnavadevi spent much of her time in doing puja to Lord Krishna and properly took care of her husband, and also welcomed the guests and provided wholesome meals to them. Very soon due to her kindness and holiness, Jahnavadevi’s name and fame began to spread, and she was considered as a great devotee of Lord Krishna by the people. She respected each and every one and treated them as her brothers and sisters and invoked the “SRI KRISHNA BHAKTI SPIRIT”among the people.
- Hemlata Thakurani was a great saint and a sincere devotee of Lord Krishna. She devoted her entire attention on singing bhajans on Lord Krishna in her house and in the temples and spreading his holiness among the people.
- Gangamata Goswami was the daughter of the King of Bengal, but she led a simple life and didn’t marry, and was given the title “Goswami” for her celibacy and purity. She was an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna, and according to her, Lord Krishna was everything in her life, and he was her friend, father, mother, guide and god. She didn’t waste even a single second without thinking about Lord Krishna. She also went to holy pilgrimages and visited Vrindavan and Puri Jegannath. She used to sing songs on Lord Krishna with much joy and enthusiasm. Some of the verses are as follows:
OM MY DEAR KRISHNA! WHERE ARE YOU! PLEASE COME IN FRONT OF ME! I WANT TO SEE YOUR PRESENCE. I DON’T LIKE TO LIVE IN THIS DIFFICULT WORLD, WITHOUT YOUR PRESENCE, PLEASE COME AND EMBRACE ME LIKE A KIND FATHER.
Let us worship the divine gems and be blessed.
“OM SRI KRISHNAYA NAMAHA”
“OM SRI VASUDEVAYA NAMAHA”
“OM SRI MADUSUDANANE NAMAHA”