Jasobanta Dasa (15th century AD) was a poet, saint and an ardent devotee of Jagannath, a form of Lord Krishna. He was one of the famous poets in Odisha, and his popular work Prema Bhakti Brahma Gita, was appreciated by the then kings of Odisha.
He was born in a village in the present day Odisha. Due to his spiritual interest, he visited Puri and met Sri Chaitanya, and both of them sang songs in front of the deity of Lord Jagannath at Puri Jagannath Temple. His main disciple was Sudarshan Das. It is believed, that due to his sincere bhakti, the great Lord Jagannath itself would personally present before him, and accept his divine Prasad, and would bless him.
- Gobindachandra Tika
- Prema Bhakti Brahma Gita
- Siva Sarvodaya
- Practice Meditation for controlling your senses.
- Engage your mind by thinking on Lord Krishna.
- Lord Krishna is the supreme personality and the best protector.
- Humbly accept anything given by the god.
- Chant the names of Lord Krishna.
- Read the divine texts Bhagavatham and Bhagavat Gita.
- Provide food to the poor.
- Think only about today, and don’t think too much about tomorrow.
- Yugas will come and go. But Lord Krishna would remain in this universe for ever.
- Accept your failures and aim for your win.
- Consider Lord Krishna as your close relative, and don’t shed tears when you lose your near and dears.
- Let your soul be filled with full of wonderful thoughts on Lord Krishna, and enjoy your every moment of life by thinking and praising the glories of Lord Krishna, and dance with full of happiness by singing divine songs on Lord Krishna.
Let us worship the great saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI JASOBANTA DASARE NAMAHA”