Bhushan was born in a village in the present-day Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh. His brothers are also popular poets, and they served in the courts of various Indian Kings. Kavi Bhushan also served in the court of King Rudra Pratap of Chitrakoot, and he was considered as a “Precious Diamond” among the poets during his period.
Bhushan was well supported by Shivaji Maharaj, and due to that, Bhushan moved from Varanasi to Maratha Kingdom and joined in the court of King Shivaji. Bhushan was awarded costliest prizes, during the occasion of the grand coronation of Shivaji Maharaj.
- Shiva Bhushan
- Chatrashaal Dashak
- Saaransh ki khani
Similar to the great King Shivaji, Kavi Bhushan was also a sincere devotee of Mata Tulja Bhavani, and he composed many songs and sang in front of the shrine of Mata Bhavani.
Some of the verses from his poems are as follows:
- O Ma Bhavani, be with us during the times of happiness and also in times of miseries and sorrows.
- O Ma Bhavani, you glitter like the sun, and you are containing great powers.
- Oh Ma, You only would be able to save this entire universe from destructions.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, you have killed demons, and brought peace in the world.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, put an end to my fears, lust, bad thoughts and anger and give me a permanent place in your divine world.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, you are worshipped by innumerable names, and you are the wire puller of the entire universe.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, by seeing your deity, and by chanting your mantras, I am getting great pleasure, which I could not get anywhere else.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, please take one more avatar in this earth and remove the evil forces from the world.
- Even the great gods and goddesses are highly respecting you, and everyone is discharging their duties due to your grace only.
Let us worship the noble saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI KAVI BHUSHANE NAMAHA”
“JAI MA BHAVANI”
“JAI CHATRAPATI SHIVAJI”