Keshav Pandit (17th century AD) also called as Keshav Swami lived during the time of Chhatrapati Shivaji, and he served as a chief priest to Sri Shivaji, and he was a Sanskrit scholar and a famous poet during his period. He was considered as a friend of Shivaji, and used to participate in his family functions. Keshav Pandit used to accompany Shivaji during his visits to temples, and acted as an adviser to him. Keshav Pandit has written poems in praise of Mata Bhavani and he has written about the life history of Sri Shivaji. It is believed that Keshav Pandit had died at Gingee at the age of 60. His heirs are now living in Thane and Pune.
POPULAR VERSES FROM HIS DIVINE POEMS
- Oh Ma Tulja Bhavani you are dwelling in the hearts of your devotees, and removing their sins.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, please protect and give salvation to us.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, give us victory during the times of war.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, you are the killer of demons and maintained prosperity in the earth.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, forgive our mistakes and give goodness to us.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, you are the divine mother for all.
- Oh Ma Bhavani, please remove the fear from our mind and give the spiritual bliss.
Let us praise the great poet.
“JAI KESHAV PANDIT”
“JAI MA BHAVANI”