Thimmana was born in Anantapur in a Telugu family. He occupied an important place in the court of the great king Krishnadevaraya. The poet dedicated his famous work, Parijatapaharanamu, to king Krishnadevaraya. He was praised for his beautiful poems, by Tirumaladevi, wife of Krishnadevaraya.
He was a Shaivite and an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva. He had written poems on Lord Vishnu also.
He used only simple Telugu words in his works. His works are easily understandable even to the non-educated people. His famous work, Parijatapaharanamu is still popular among Telugu scholars.
He was considered to be a selfless person, and though he was a rich poet, he respected everyone, and done lot of noble acts during his period, such as providing food and shelter to the poor people, educating the poor boys and girls and helping in the marriage of the poor girls.
- Be a bold and strong man, and try to face any kind of challenges in your life.
- God would be present in the hearts of his sincere devotees.
- Sing and praise the glories of Lord Mahadeva.
- Die like a warrior and don’t die like a coward.
- Your fate is in your hands only.
- Worship your parents, and treat them properly.
- Consider all the women as the forms of Mata Durga Devi.
- Don’t curse the god for your fate. You are only responsible for your own actions.
- Do lot of good activities and try to reduce your sins by frequently chanting the Shiva mantra “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA”.
- Do your work properly.
Let us worship the great saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI NANDI THIMMANARE NAMAHA”
“OM NAMAH SHIVAYA”