The famous Rishi Agastya and Lopamudra have a son named Drdhasyu, who is also called as Idhmavaha. He is mentioned in the Mahabharata as a noble rishi, and similar to Bhakta Prahalada, he has learned the Divine Vedas from his mother Mata Lopamudra’s womb itself, by hearing the Vedic chants of his father Sage Agastya, and due to that, at the time of his birth itself, he began to chant the divine Vedas.
Similar to other great sages, he is considered as a very pious and holy sage, and his spiritual powers are unlimited. He met the Pandavas and the Kauravas and tried to maintain cordial relations between them. He has performed severe penance on Lord Muruga, and got great powers. His name is also mentioned in Hindu Holy texts, and he was considered similar to his father Rishi Agastya, with regard to his meditative powers.
- Worship the great Lord Shiva and Muruga in order to get spiritual powers.
- Through constant meditation, even our fate would be changed.
- Believe in god, dedicate yourself on him, and keep constant faith and bhakti on him.
- Share your knowledge and wisdom with others, and don’t hate others.
- Chant the divine mantras of Shiva and get the spiritual enlightenment.
- You are held responsible for your own actions.
- You cannot escape from the death god Yama, unless you surrender your soul to Lord Shiva.
- Stay away from the company of evil minded people.
- Worship your parents similar to worshipping the god.
- Provide food to the visiting hungry guests, and remove their tiredness by providing proper service to them.
- Be an honest, sincere and a straight forward person.
- Learn the Vedas from your spiritual guru, and become a great scholar in Vedas.
Let us worship Rishi Drdhasyu and be blessed.
“OM RISHI DRDHASYU NAMAHA”