Namas was a great sage, and he was the descendant of Rishi Kashyapa. He was mentioned in the Holy Vedas, Puranas and in Ramayana and Mahabharata, and he is considered as a great Vishnu Devotee.
During the period of Ramayana, he met Lord Rama when he was living in the forest along with Lakshmana and Sita, and during the period of Mahabharata, he met Lord Krishna in Dwaraka and worshipped him.
Namas gave much respect to the devotees of Lord Vishnu like Narada, Tumburu, Dhruva and Bhakta Prahalada. Once when Lord Indra was planning to fight with Prahalada, it was Rishi Namas, who interfered between them, and made Lord Indra to stop fighting with Prahalada, by telling the good qualities of Prahalada. It is believed that after the end of Dwapara Yuga, and after his death, due to his good karmas, he went to the abode of Lord Indra, the Indra Loka.
- It is the death which would take everything from you, and even the great kings and queens cannot escape from death.
- Don’t fear about your death. It would come at the appropriate time, and live your life peacefully by chanting the names of the god.
- Only through a proper spiritual guru, you can attain salvation.
- Realize the god on your soul, in order to attain enlightenment.
- God has given this life for us, in order to praise his glory and to sing songs on him.
- You are only responsible for your own actions, and don’t blame the god for your sufferings in your life.
- Always aim to achieve big things in your life.
- Don’t punish others, even if you have been punished by them.
- Always remember that god can always do wonders in your life.