Kalikananda Abadhut (1910–1978) was a famous saint and a writer. He was born in Kolkata in an orthodox Bengali family. After his wife’s death, he became a saint, and stayed at Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Temple in Ujjain. His personal travel experiences were published in the form of a book, which contains the details about his pilgrimage to Hinglaj.
Based on his travel experiences to the holy temples, a film is also realised during the year 1959. His other famous work was Uddharanpurer Gat, and Abadhuta also practised Yoga and Meditation, and he established the Rudrachandi Math in Chinsurah and lived there till his death.
He was an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva, and he used to perform divine discourses in the Mahakala Jyothirlinga Temple in Ujjain. Through his kindness and simplicity, he got large number of followers, and he properly guided them in the spiritual path.
- Before doing any work, pray to Lord Shiva, and then start doing your work.
- Through the grace of Lord Shiva, you can get the divine bliss.
- Help others as much as you can.
- Read the holy texts like Shiva Puran, Life history of Nayanmars and sing songs in praise of Shiva.
- If you worship Lord Shiva sincerely, you can feel a great change in your mind and body, and you will be able to control your senses.
- Through constant prayers and meditation on Lord Shiva, even our bad fate also would be slightly changed.
- Don’t curse for your own sufferings and sorrows. Instead of that, have full faith on Lord Shiva, and divert your mind on spirituality.
- Chant the “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA” Mantra repeatedly in your life.
- Take care of your parents, by considering them as Shiva and Parvati, and provide proper food to them.