SANT KASHIBA MAHARAJ
Sant Kashiba Maharaj (13th century AD) also known as Gurav Maharaj, was born in a village in Maharashtra in a pious Hindu Brahmin family, and he eagerly served in a Shiva Temple as a Temple Priest, worshipped the god, performed pujas, and also warmly welcomed the villagers to the temple, without seeing their caste, creed and community, and made them to worship Lord Shiva, and asked them to perform Milk Abhishekham to the Shiva Lingam in their own hands.
Kashiba Maharaj was against caste discrimination, and he also improved the living standard of the village people, by encouraging them to do agricultural activities, and also made them as devotees of Lord Shiva. Villagers appreciated his good character, and gave them their full support to him, and also donated money towards temple related activities.
Sant Kashiba is one of the greatest Shaivite saints in Maharashtra, and he wrote holy texts and poems on Lord Shiva. Sant Kashiba Maharaj was a great saint and he was a close friend of the great Vittal Devotee, Sant Savta Mali and Sant Kashiba used to help Savata Mali, to write devotional songs on Lord Vittal, and he used to visit Pandharpur, and worships Lord Vittal, along with Savata Mali. Sant Kashiba Maharaj’s temple is situated at Mahadwar nearby the temple of Lord Vittal at Pandharpur.
- Chanting the Shiva Mantra “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA” would give goodness in the life of the devotees.
- Feed food to the devotees of Lord Shiva, and also provide food to the holy cows.
- Keep sincere faith and bhakti on Lord Shiva.
- Worship Lord Shiva and Lord Nandikeswarar in the Shiva temples, especially during Shiva Rathri, and on Shiva Pradosham days.
- Don’t blame Lord Shiva for your own problems, instead of that, ask him to pardon your sins.
- Don’t get attached with worldly pleasures and with material things.
- Consider Lord Shiva as your best protector and saviour, and equally consider your sufferings and happiness.
- Perform puja in the Shiva temples, and donate dhotis to Lord Shiva, and adorn him with flower garlands, and offer Holy Prasad to him.
- Fill up your mind with full of thoughts on Lord Shiva, and get the divine bliss.
Let us worship the holy saint and be blessed.
“OM SRI KASHIBA MAHARAJ NAMAHA”
“OM NAMAH SHIVAYA”
“OM SRI BHAVANI THULUKANATHAMMAN THAYE NAMAHA”