Mata Durgananda also called as Swami Durgananda attained SALVATION in the year 2013. She was healthy and spent her last days with her children in Cambridge. Her birth name was Margaret White.
Swami Durgananda served actively in the day to day affairs of the Yasodhara Ashram. She travelled to many holy places along with Swami Radha.
Swami Durgananda was born and brought up in Philadelphia, and she has completed her post- graduation in arts.
In 1989, she has become a saint and took formal initiation. Swami Durgananda was a good artist, writer and a story teller to the students. She was interested in history and doing research activities.
She was a kind, affectionate and a dedicated saint, who removed the tears of many of her followers, provided food to the poor and needy, educated the poor children and helped in the marriage of the poor girls. After the death of Swami Radha, she supported and encouraged Swami Radhananda, the head of the Ashram.
In the year 2006, she published her life history details, and described the ups and downs in her life. Swami Durgananda shows the path of light to her followers.
- Refresh the every moment of your life.
- Die with the thoughts of the god.
- Wound caused in the body can be healed, whereas wound caused in the mind cannot be healed.
- Fastness is the main thing to bring happiness in your life.
- You can learn a lot and can improve yourself, during your failures.
- Change the world by sharing your happiness with others.
- Even an easiest job can turn into a difficult one, if you don’t have the interest to do it.
- Control your mind, in order to conquer the world.
- Death is not the only solution to remove the problems in your life.
- Don’t pay too much attention on earning wealth. Spend some money towards doing good things to others.
Let us praise the great saint and be blessed.
“OM MATA DURGANANDA NAMAHA”