Eknath Easwaran (1910–1999) was a spiritual writer and translated holy texts like the Bhagavad Gita and the Bhagavatham in different languages and in a simplified manner. He also wrote books in praise of the Holy River goddesses like Ganga and Yamuna, and he was considered as a best spiritual writer during his period.
Mr.Eknath was born in a village in Kerala during the year 1910, and he was educated in Thrissur. Easwaran for some time served as a lecturer in India, and he also conducted meditation classes in foreign countries. He also published his books, and made the general public to read his lovely books. He interacted with Gandhiji and he was very much interested with his non-violence movement. During the year 1970, he founded a spiritual Ashram for promoting bhakti in the minds of the people. In that Ashram, he has also given spiritual discourses amongst the people. Apart from his own works, he has written spiritual articles in newspapers and in magazines. After serving in the spiritual field for many years, Mr.Eknath had died during the year 1999 at California in United States. Though now he is not physically present, but through his spiritual books his presence would always remain in the world.
- Have utmost faith in god.
- Get peace of mind by doing meditation.
- Always be happy and don’t get upset for anything in your life.
- Realize the god in your soul.
- Do your duty and leave the rest to god.
- Behave well with others.
- Realize that you are the strongest person in the world.
- Don’t allow bad thoughts to enter in your mind.
- Put your full efforts to succeed in your career.