Maharishi Vedic University was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi to make education complete, so that every student enjoys great success and fulfillment in life. The University’s programs and activities are designed to:
1. achieve educational excellence;
2. conduct original research and extend the frontiers of knowledge
3. Improve the quality of life for the individual, the nation and the world.
Maharishi Vedic University is accredited at the Bachelor level by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. Academic Programs include bachelor’s programs in Management, specializing in Marketing, Accounting and Human Resource Management and in Agriculture, specializing in Agronomy, Rural Development and Natural Resource Management.
Students come from almost every province including Phnom Penh, Battambang, Kompong Chain, Pursat, Kompong Chnang, Seam Riep, Kompong Som, Takeo, Prey Veng, Svay Rieng, Kandal, Kompomg Thom and Banteay Mean Chey. The student body is a close family, living in peace and harmony, excited about knowledge, open hearted and friendly, and dedicated to making Cambodia and the world a better place.
Faculty includes qualified Cambodian professors as well as international professors with degrees from universities in Australia, New Zealand, India and other countries. Graduates are successful in careers in business, agriculture and education. Many have been employed by government, private companies, corporations and non-government organizations.
The Maharishi Vedic University campus is located in Kamchai Mear district, Prey Veng province, about 140 km east of the capital Phnom Penh. The 70-hectare campus comprises over 30 buildings, including lecture rooms, library, computer and agriculture laboratories, student and faculty accommodation and recreational space. The campus is located on picturesque rural land and is landscaped with beautiful gardens, trees and ponds.
Maharishi Vedic University is respected for its excellence in education, its healthy and harmonious environment, and its high quality of life. It is unique in adding to traditional education systematic programs to develop the full potential of the student. Our students make rapid progress, not only in academic achievement, but also in developing their creativity, intelligence and radiant good health.
About the Launcher
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who introduced the Transcendental Meditation technique 40 years ago and brought enlightenment to millions of people in the world, is now establishing Maharishi Vedic Universities throughout the world to offer mastery over Natural Law to every individual to
perpetuate life in accordance with Natural Law – perfection in every profession – and create Natural Law based problem-free government in every country – governments with the ability to prevent problems.
The achievements of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi are profound in the field of knowledge and immense in the field of action. During the past 50 years, more than five million people have learned the Transcendental Meditation technique and are rising to enlightenment through their twice-daily practice. Maharishi has trained over 40,000 teachers, opened thousands of teaching centers, and founded hundreds of schools, colleges and universities. Maharishi Vedic Science programs are being applied in private businesses, public institutions and homes in every country.
Maharishi Vedic University’s Consciousness-Based Education approach helps become more creative, alert and awake. It develops the knower – the student’s we own consciousness and creativity as well as providing knowledge of the known – the field being studied, and the process of knowing, which connects the knower to the Most education focuses only on the known, and leaves out the other two-thirds of knowledge. Through development of consciousness at the University, students become alert and awake – they naturally gain a more complete understanding of any field they study.
Students develop their consciousness and creative intelligence through the following programs:
• The Transcendental Meditation program which students learn as part of their first degree at the University. This simple, natural, effortless technique has been learned by –over five million people of all ages, nationalities and religions. It allows the student to experience quieter level of the thinking process and the source of thought transcendental consciousness- the full creative potential of the mind. The field of transcendental consciousness has been identified by leading quantum physicists as the Unified Field of Natural Law, the home of all the laws of nature that govern the orderly evolution of the universe.
As the mind settles down during the practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique, the body also settles down and gains a unique state of deep rest and relaxation, releasing accumulated stress and revitalizing the entire nervous system. The container of knowledge – the mind – is expanded, increasing learning capacity, and broadening comprehension. Through this development of body and mind together, students can achieve increasing success and satisfaction in all aspects of life.
• The Transcendental Meditation -Sidhi program, including Yogic Flying, which student learn at the beginning of their second year of study. This advanced practice unfolds the student’s ability to think and act from transcendental consciousness. Thought and action become more powerful and effective- more fully supported by Natural Law- so that the student becomes increasingly competent to accomplish any objective without strain. Extensive research has shown that when practiced in a group, Yogic Flying creates a measurable influence of harmony and progress throughout society.
Our students practice the Transcendental Meditation technique twice daily in their first year of study as part of an academic course called the Transcendental Meditation program. From second year to fourth year students’ practice the TM-Sidhi program twice as part of an academic course call the TM-Sidhi program. Students receive an academic grade each year for participation in the TM and TM-Sidhi program courses.
NL 6291 BM